American Cancer Society, Relay for Life, Committee Member
- Mason Area, Holt and Grand Ledge
The offices listed have participated in this activity in our communities for the last several years. Our Mason Office organized the first relay in Ingham county, over 20 years ago. The Holt relay expanded from the Mason relay to its own relay about 12 years ago. Dart Bank has also been the financial chair for Mason relay, taking on the responsibilities of keeping the financial records and counting the funds that are collected.
Capital Area Housing Partnership
- Kassie Rhodes, our VP/ Commercial Relationship Manager, has participated as a Board Member.
Capital Region Community Foundation
- Kira Carter Robinson, Dart Bank Board Member, is also on the Board of this non-profit. This non-profit takes in donations large and small and puts them together and provides funds to other groups/non-profits to help make a bigger impact.
Child and Family Charities
- Mary Tressel, Special Assets Officer, is on their fund raising committee.
Community Bankers of Michigan
- Peter Kubacki, CEO, has been a Board Member of this organization for many years.
Dansville Athletic Boosters
- Barb Brevick, a Mason Personal Banker, has been the Treasurer of this organization for several years. She is responsible for the different collections of funds from the different sporting events. She provides her expertise as a Personal Banker to not only run the concession stands but she also maintains the accounting/bookkeeping function.
Delhi Downtown Development Authority
- Sally Rae, Executive Vice President/Community Bank Administrator, is on the Marketing Committee.
Eaton County Human Services Collaborative Council
- Blake Mulder, Dart Bank Board Member, is also on this Board. They administer funds to support Housing choice vouchers, public housing tax credits, utility assistance and energy efficiency upgrade loans.
Hospice of Lansing
- John Morris, VP/ Commercial Relationship Manager, is a Board member and now President of this non-profit. They look to his knowledge of business and finance to help them with their organization.
Independent Community Bankers of America, Federal Delegate Board
Mason Area Community Fund
- Brennan Andrews Marketing Director, participates on the Board for this Mason division of the United Way.
- Leia Cooper Rigg, HR Administrator, also works with the Mason Area Community Fund.
Mason Area Chamber of Commerce
- Board Member
- General Membership
- Good Morning, Mason!
- Ambassadors Committee
- Membership Services Committee
- Economic Development Committee
Many of our Mason Management staff participate in one or more Chamber Committees.
Mason Building Authority
- Mark Howe, VP/ Commercial Relationship Manager, is a Board Member and Chairperson.
- Kelly Merritt, Sr. Credit Analyst, is also on this Board.
Mason Downtown Development Authority
- Kassie Rhodes, our VP/ Commercial Relationship Manager, has participated as a Board Member for the City of Mason. They rely upon her knowledge of business and finances on this committee.
Mason Local Development Finance Authority
- Mark Howe, VP/ Commercial Relationship Manager, is the Vice Chair of this committee.
Mason Planning Commission
- Mark Howe, VP/ Commercial Relationship Manager, is a Board Member and former Chair.
Mason and VeVay Township Joint Planning Commission
- Mark Howe, VP/ Commercial Relationship Manager, is Board Member.
Mason Promise Scholarship
- Karla Spoor, Senior Vice President of HR, has been a Board Member and Secretary for many years for this non-profit that raises funds to help children earn a free two year college education.
- Brennan Andrews, Marketing Director, is a Board Member.
Dart Bank has also participated for many years in raising funds. Mason Promise Scholarship provides selected students to receive a two year scholarship to attend LCC after graduating from high school.
Elder Abuse Prevention
- Mary Tressel, Special Asset Officer, is on a panel to assist bankers and other organizations with preventing elder abuse. The project was funded by the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office.
Muscular Dystrophy Association
The Dart Bank employees have held an in-house silent auction of our time, talents and treasures for each other to bid on to raise funds for this cause.
- John Morris, VP/ Commercial Relationship Manager, is on their Board.
- Dan Wilkinson, Commercial Relationship Manager, is the a Board Member of this non-profit.
- Adam Goss, VP/ Commercial Relationship Manager, is a Board Member.
Old Newsboys raises funds to purchase shoes and boots for low income people. Dart Bank employees have been a part of this for many years by being a part of their annual collection of funds through the sale of a mocked up newspaper.
Sparrow Foundation Women Working Wonders
- Danielle Bull, AVP/Controller is a Board member and Treasurer of this non-profit. It works to raise funds to purchase items/equipment for Sparrow Hospital. A few years ago the funds raised helped provide a pediatric ER.
Tri County Office on Aging
- Blake Mulder, Dart Bank Board Member, is on this Board. Tri County Office on Aging administers programs for the aged adults, especially those on Medicaid and with special needs. It includes many programs like meals on wheels, housing vouchers for homeless seniors, legal aid for seniors and home respite.
- Mary Tressel, Special Assets Officer, is a Grant Review Board member for the United Way.
Walk for Warmth
Dart Bank also participates in the annual Walk for Warmth. This walk is held in February and it raises funds for the Capital Area Community Services (CACS). The funds from this event go specifically to help low income families pay their utilities.
Community Mental Health Clients
For the last several years we have cashed, at no charge, the checks of the clients of the local Community Mental Health. We do not require an account for these individuals.
Meals on Wheels
We have participated for several years in delivering meals and fundraising.
We have several employees in our communities take time each week to deliver meals to the elderly, handicapped and shut in. These people are generally low to moderate income and we may be the only contact that they receive. Our President and CEO was the recent Chair of their annual fundraising dinner and auction. Mary Tressel, our Special Assets Officer, has worked with them for over 25 years and has a large involvement in their fundraising committee.
Around the Holidays at Dart Bank
Around the holidays each year Dart Bank is the collection site for a few charities. We collect new toys to be distributed to qualifying families for Toys for Tots. We collect hundreds of pounds of food for our local food banks to distribute. We also participate in a program called “Give a Kid a Christmas” that provides clothing and toys to local families that would otherwise not have a Christmas for their children.
Show me the Money
- Colleen Briggs, AVP/Consumer Lender/ Community Relations Officer, has participated for several years.
This free annual event features free and low-cost resources and financial workshops.
Home Buyer Education Classes
Some of our Mortgage Loan Officers participate in teaching Home Buyer’s Education Classes for different organizations. This has helped individuals and families be able to move on to home ownership. We have done this for several years.
Several of our employees are involved with mock interviews. They go to local high schools, career center, state and local job sources such as Michigan Works and help people with their interview skills and resumes.
Holt Ed Trek
- Melanie Dart, a Dart Board Member, and Kim Harless, our VP/ Treasury Management Officer have worked with this alternate education program to help student that do not thrive in the local system succeed through this education system. This requires a one year commitment to mentor a student for the school year with one on one assistance. This program has proven to be very successful in lowering the dropout rate.
Give a Kid a Project
- Kim Harless, VP/ Treasury Management Officer, is a part of this organization and many of the events that this group does for the community.
This group works with the Holt School system to assist low income families. One of their projects is to provide back to school clothing and supplies for children. They also take on families for Christmas and provide them with clothes, food and toys.